CYNGOR CYMDEITHAS LLANGATHEN /LLANGATHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of Llangathen Community Council held on Tuesday, 17th November 2015 at The Reading Room, Court Henry.
Present: Cllrs. M. Wynne (acting chair), S. Collins, G.Davies, C. Moses and M. Williams. Due to the absence of the Chair, Vice Chair Cllr. M. Wynne took up the role. In attendance was Mrs M.Rees (clerk) and County Councillor C. Campbell.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. H. James, E. Morgan and L. Hughes.
15/20 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Cllr. M. Wynne and seconded by Cllr. S. Collins that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday, 15th September 2015 be accepted as a correct record of proceedings.
15/22 MATTERS ARISING
Min 15/12 (1) STABLE BLOCK IN FIELD NEAR RHYD YR AFON / GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
The clerk had received notification that the application reference E/31647 having been refused dated 24th April 2015 had been appealed against the decision made by Carmarthenshire County Council by Mr and Mrs Robinson-Redman. It was concluded that the appeal be dismissed.
Min 15/12 (2) A40 DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
Edwina Hart AM having responded to the councils letter advised that progress was continuing on a safety scheme which would include proposals to improve signing and markings. She also confirmed that no formal police report had been received regarding collisions at this location.
Also, a reply had been received from Dyfed Powys Police, Carmarthen stating that they were not in receipt of the councils letter dated 4th August 2015 but had received the letter dated 13th October 2015. Having checked with the Roads Policing Unit in Carmarthenshire, they were unaware of any road traffic collisions at Dryslwyn Square. Members were shocked and disappointed at this statement as over the years numerous accidents which have included fatalities have occurred at this section of the A40 trunk road. The clerk was asked to contact Cllr. L. Hughes to ascertain dates of accidents. Once these have been established, then a further letter to be sent to Dyfed Powys Police, Public Service Bureau.
Min 15/12 (3) AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENTS, LAN FARM, BROAD OAK
No further information had been received regarding the planting of trees. It was decided to await confirmation from Rosie Carmichael, CCC or follow up the matter in the Spring.
Min 15/12 DRYSLWYN PICNIC SITE, DRYSLWYN CASTLE
Cllr. M. Williams confirmed that he had visited the site and reported that the area was looking clean and tidy.
Min. 15/18 (1) ROAD SURFACE, DRYSLWYN COMMUNITY SHOP
It was decided to await confirmation from Cllr. E. Morgan regarding the condition of the road surface at the above location.
Min 15/18 (2) YSGWYN FACH, CAPEL ISAAC.
Kevin Jones, Planning Enforcement/Monitoring Officer, CCC, has confirmed that the static caravan on the above property has been sold and removed off the property.
The following items of correspondence were presented to council and duly discussed/noted:
1. CCC – Second Statutory Play Sufficiency Assessment March 2016 - Members jointly discussed and completed this questionnaire.
2. Lloyds Bank – Statement September £9610.39
October 2015 – £9400.39
3. Mid & West Wales Fire and Rescue Authority Draft Annual Improvement Plan 2016/17. On line questionnaire www.mawwfire.gov.uk
Building Safer Communities -
4. Age Cymru – Invitation to AGM 1/12/15
5. Un Llais Cymru – Carmarthenshire Area Committee Meeting – 17/11/15
6. CCC – Asset Transfer – Public Space Notice
7. Wales Audit Office – External Audit Arrangements: Annual Returns 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2018-19
8. Un Llais Cymru / CCC – Community & Town Councils County Liaison Forum – 8/12/15
9. West Wales Action for Mental Health / Hywel Dda University Health Board / Hywel Dda Community Health Council – new Mental Health Project Group
Transforming Mental Health Services
10. CCC – Rural Development Plan 2014 – 2020 – Funding Opportunities
11. CCC – Social Saturday
12. CCC Seasonal Decorations
13. CCC – Consultation on Proposals for a “Public Spaces Protection Order” Carmarthenshire – members were provided with the on line link to complete this questionnaire.
14. Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Hywel Dda University Health Board – Sgwrs Iach – Let’s Talk Health
15. Cyngor ar Bopeth – Citizens Advice – AGM 12/11/15
Brochures / Circulars
1. Broxap – litter bins and recycling units 2. Clerks & Councils Direct 3. Wicksteed playgrounds 4. Yr Ardd
Requests for Financial Assistance
1. Ambiwlans Awyr Cymru – Wales Air Ambulance
2. Eisteddfod Gerddorol Ryngwladol Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod
3. C.Ff.I. / YFC Sir Gâr / Carmarthenshire
4. Gwasanaethau Cymorth a Gwybodaeth am Ganser / Cancer Information & Support Services
Wendi Hugget (email@example.com)
*LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE TRAINING IN WELSH – CARMARTHEN – 29/9/15 / HYFFORDDIANT CYLLID LLYWODRAETH LEOL YN CYMRAEG – CAERFYRDDIN – DYDD MAWRTH 29AIN MEDI
*CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING COURSE Wendi Huggett
*Welsh Language Training – Local Government Finance – Carmarthen / Hyfforddiant Cymraeg – Cyllid Llywodraeth Leol – Caerfyrddin
*NEW TRAINING – DEVOLUTION OF SERVICES – SWANSEA – 13TH OCTOBER
*WELSH TRAINING – THE COUNCIL MEETING – AMMANFORD – 15/10/15 HYFFORDDIANT CYMRAEG – CYFARFOD Y CYNGOR – RHYDAMAN
*Welsh Training / Hyfforddiant Cymraeg – Last chance to take advantage of THE COUNCIL MEETING training at ELIM COMMUNITY CHURCH, PANTYFFYNNON ROAD, PANTYFFYNNON, AMMANFORD. SA18 3HL 15/10/15
*HYFFORDDIANT YN CYMRAEG/WELSH TRAINING – CYLLID LLYWODRAETH LEOL – RHYDAMAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE – AMMANFORD 29/10/15
*Job Vacancy – Neath Port Talbot Council
*NOVEMBER TRAININGS – HYFFORDDIANT TACHWEDD
*Last chance to take advantage of LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE – ADVANCED training at ST PETERS CIVIC HALL, NOTT SQUARE, CARMARTHEN. SA31 1PG on TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER – Cyfle olaf i archebu Hyfforddiant CYLLID LLYWODRAETH LEOL – ESTYNEDIG yn NEUADD DDINESIG …
*Last chance to take advantage of SUSTAINABILITY TRAINING at CIVIC CENTRE, OYSTERMOUTH ROAD, SWANSEA. SA1 3SN on 3/11/15
*Don’t miss out on NEW MODULE 19 – DEVOLUTION OF SERVICES Training at ELIM COMMUNITY CHURCH, PANTYFYNNON ROAD, AMMANFORD. SA18 3HL on 12/11/15
*Cyfle olaf i archebu Hyfforddiant CYFARFOD Y CYNGOR yn EGLWYS CYMUNEDOL ELIM, HEOL PANTYFFYNNON, RHYDAMAN. SA18 3HL ar 23/11/15 Last chance to take advantage of THE COUNCIL MEETING training at ELIM COMMUNITY CHURCH, PANTYFYNNON ROAD.
*Cyfle olaf i archebu Hyfforddiant CYFARFOD Y CYNGOR yn EGLWYS CYMUNEDOL ELIM, HEOL PANTYFFYNNON, PANTYFFYNNON, RHYDAMAN. SA18 3HL ar 23/11/15 6.30pm-9pm Last chance to take advantage of THE COUNCIL MEETING
*Last chance to take advantage of DEVOLUTION OF SERVICES TRAINING at ST PETERS CIVIC HALL, NOTT SQUARE, CARMARTHEN. SA31 1PG on 24/11/15 – 6.30pm-9pm – Cyfle olaf i archebu Hyfforddiant
Tracy Gilmartin-ward [firstname.lastname@example.org
*Statement by the Minister for Finance and Government Business: Responses to the consultations on Landfill Disposals Tax and Land Transaction Tax
*“Preparing for Public Services Boards” Conference 2015 / “Paratoi ar gyfer Byrddau Gwasanaethau Cyhoeddus” 2015
*Reminder – One Voice Wales 2015 Conference and AGM / Nodyn Atgoffa – Gynhadledd a Chyfarfod Cyffredinol Blynyddol Un Llais Cymru 2015
*Arolwg Siarter y BBC/BBC Charter Review *NRM Bulletin / Bwletin – October / Hydref 2015
*Fwd: Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales Draft Annual Report – February 2016 / Adroddiad Blynyddol Drafft Panel Annibynnol Cymru ar Gydnabyddiaeth Ariannol – Chwefror 2016
*Official – Sensitive : Appointment of Trustee for Wales – Heritage Lottery Fund / National Heritage Memorial Fund – *Groundwork Funding Opportunity through Tesco Carrier Bag Levy
*Grow Wild Community Project Funding / Cyllid ar gyfer Prosiectau Cymunedol Tyfu’n Wyllt 2015-16
*Register now for free 2016 Grow Wild seed kits – Cofrestrwch nawr ar gyfer pecynnau hadau am ddim Tyfu’n Wyllt 2016
*Preparing for Public Services Boards” Conference 2015 / “Paratoi ar gyfer Byrddau Gwasanaethau Cyhoeddus” 2015 – 26/10/2015
*One Voice Wales Database / Cronfa Ddata Un Llais Cymru
*The Ombudsman’s Casebook – Issue 22
*Want to protect and improve the places where people walk in your local area? / Ydych chi eisiau gwarchod a gwella’r mannau lle mae pobl yn cerdded yn eich ardal chi?
*Guidance on Pensions / Canllawiau Pensiwn
*Review of Revenue Grand Funding to Community and Town Councils – Adolygiad o Arian Grant Refeniw i Gynghorau Cymuned a Thref
*Review of Revenue Grand Funding to Community and Town Councils – Adolygiad o Arian Grant Refeniw i Gynghorau Cymuned a Thref
*Don’t miss out on LOCAL GOVERNMENT FINANCE – ADVANCED Training at LLANERCH COMMUNITY CENTRE, HEOL NANT Y FELIN, LLANERCH, LLANELLI. SA15 3PA 19/11/
*Ymgynghoriad ar y blaenoriaethau plismona / Consultation on policing priorities
*Wales Commissioner to the Equality & Human Rights Commission / Comisiynydd Cymru y Comisiwn Cydraddoldeb a Hawliau Dynol
*Public Appointments Opportunity – Chair to the Arts Council of Wales / Cyfle Penodiadau Cyhoeddus – Cadeirydd i Gyngor Celfyddydau Cymru
*Your opportunity to contribute to Welsh Government guidance on allotments and community led growing projects
* Welcome to Mentoring with Business Wales Business Wales
*Advice, Information, Funding and Financial Support for your Business
*Fed up of being an Apprentice? Be the Boss with BOSS *Year of Adventure
Business Help and Support Emails email@example.com
*Employers – Reporting expenses and benefits
*Support with Payroll from software to statutory payments
*Advice, Information, Funding and Financial Support for your Business *Important Information for Employers
*New to importing and exporting? Don’t miss out on help from HMRC
*Reporting expenses and benefits this tax year
*Introducing BOSS… the new online support service for Welsh businesses *Easy employer e-learning guide
*Community and Town Councils Newsletter
*Live export opportunities to help you sell globally
Finance Committee | Y Pwyllgor Cyllid SeneddFinance@Assembly.Wales
Ymgynghoriad: Bil Ombwdsmon Gwasanaethau Cyhoeddus (Cymru) drafft | Consultation: Draft Public Services Ombudsman (Wales) Bill
An e-mail had been received regarding meeting dates. Although no name had been provided by the sender a reply was sent to the e-mail address confirming the details requested. Cllr. H. James approved the reply.
15/24 MODEL STANDING ORDERS
A copy of the Model Standing Orders as supplied by One Voice Wales had been forwarded Councillors for inspection. The document requires personalizing to Llangathen Community Council. It was agreed that the clerk should complete the gaps and present to the Council for adoption sometime over the coming months.
It was proposed by Cllr. G. Davies and seconded by Cllr. S. Collins that the existing Standing Orders (2000) be re-adopted as an interim measure with the view to adopt the Model Standing Order when complete.
15/25 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques duly prepared:
Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal - Poppy Wreath 50.00
M Rees – November Salary 266.66
M Rees – Clerks Expenses 74.50
15/26 COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
County Councillor C. Campbell reported that the County Council were looking to make financial reductions to the sum of £40 million and seminars were arranged in order to decide where these cuts could be made. It looked likely that the education budget would be reduced by £15 million which would result in each school within the county having a lower allocation of funds. Final decisions are expected in February.
15/27 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. As it is a requirement to publicly display names of all Councillors, it was confirmed that these details are currently being displayed on-line, www.llangathen.net with the contact details via the clerk, also displayed on line. It is necessary to indicate which councillors have been co-opted. The clerk would therefore check her records and arrange for the web site to be up dated.
2. A members interests details require to be disclosed by all Councillors. The clerk would contact One Voice Wales and request the relevant forms.
3. The Welsh Language was discussed and it was confirmed that the Council does hold a Welsh Language Policy. It was suggested that minutes could be produced bilingually. The clerk would check on translation costs and report at the next meeting.
4. It was reported that the Notice Board in Broad Oak village was in a poor state of repair. Cllrs. Gary Davies and C. Moses agreed to inspect by the next meeting.
5. The bus shelter at Dryslwyn Square appeared to be in a poor and unkempt state. The clerk would contact Cllr. L. Hughes for a report at the next meeting.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was resolved that the next meeting of Llangathen Community Council would be held on Tuesday, 19th January 2016 at the Reading Room, Court Henry at 7.30pm.