CYNGOR CYMDEITHAS LLANGATHEN / LLANGATHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of Llangathen Community Council held on Tuesday, 16th September 2014 at The Reading Room, Court Henry.
Present: Cllrs. C.Moses (chair), H. James, M. Wynne, E. Morgan, G. Davies, S. Collins and L. Hughes.
In attendance was the clerk, Mrs M Rees.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllr. M. Williams and County Councillor C. Campbell.
14/37 DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Cllr. C. Moses and seconded by Cllr. L. Hughes that the minutes of the meeting held on 15th July 2014 be accepted as a correct record of proceedings.
14/39 MATTERS ARISING
Min 14/25 (1) STABLE BLOCK IN FIELD NEAR RHYD YR AFON / GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
Councillors were aware that one shelter still remained at the above site but were unsure regarding the caravan. As the matter was being with dealt with by CCC Enforcement Officer, not further action was deemed necessary at this stage. To review at the next meeting.
Min 14/25 (2) DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
The clerk had received an e-mail from Edwina Hart, Welsh Government. It was noted that a study was currently being undertaken in order to identify collision patterns and this would conclude in September. Also, it was noted that the junction markings were fading and arrangements were being made to rectify this. The clerk was asked to follow up the situation regarding the study.
Min 14/25 (3) BRIDGE OVER RIVER MYDDYFI, NEAR GLANMYDDYFI, PENTREFELIN
Regarding the Council’s request for advisory signage at the above location, John McEvoy of CCC had contacted the clerk advising that due to insufficient verge width, warning signs to indicate the narrowness of the bridge can not be located. Mr McEvoy had offered to meet on site to explain the situation. Cllr. E. Morgan offered to contact Mr McEvoy.
Min 14/25 (4) ROAD CONDITION NEAR GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
Stuart Quick of CCC had e-mailed the clerk and confirmed that areas that require maintenance patching have been identified and are currently being assessed on a priority bases against other roads. Councillors using this area of road volunteered to monitor the situation and report at the next meeting.
Min 14/25 (5) AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENTS, LAN FARM, BROAD OAK
The clerk was asked to contact the CCC Planning Department and request an update on the situation regarding the two planning applications that were refused permission, E/30067 and E/30068. Also, the clerk to contact Rosie Carmichael of CCC Habitat and Conservation Department again for an up date.
Min 14/25 (6) RIVER LASH, DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
The clerk had received a letter from Edwina Hart, Welsh Government regarding the Nant Lash Culvert on A40 trunk road. The matter was being investigated and the clerk was asked to follow up the matter.
Min 14/25 (7) OVERHANGING BRANCH – HAFOD NEDDYN / CILWERN, BROAD OAK
Members advised that the overhanging branch has not been removed. The clerk to follow up the matter with CCC. Members would check the site before the next meeting.
Min 14/14 (9) ROAD CONDITION NEAR SUNNY BANK, LLANGATHEN
Cllr. G. Davies confirmed that he and Cllr. M. Williams had attended a site meeting with Mr John McEvoy of CCC. Mr McEvoy had forwarded confirmation of the meeting together with a photograph of the proposed siting of the warning sign. However, there appears to be some confusion as to where the signs should be sited. The clerk was asked to contact Mr McEvoy and report at the next meeting.
The following items of correspondence were presented to council and duly discussed/noted:
1. Age Cymru – Notification of change of address
2. One Voice Wales – 2014 Motions
- Notice of Conference and AGM 2014
- Town and Community Council Liaison Forum minutes of meeting 30/5/14
- Notification of next meeting 30/9/14 at County Hall, Carmarthen
- Minutes of Carmarthenshire Area Committee 30/7/14
- One Voice Wales Courses – Training Programme
- Survey – Council activities, the cost of products/services – the clerk to complete and return
3. Lloyds Bank - July Statement – £ 8287.62
August Statement – £ 10354.30
4. Change Step – Armed Forces, project for veterans covering the whole of Wales.
5. CCC – Consultation on Charging for External Sporting Facilities - response may be made on line www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk via Twitter or Facebook, by post or ‘phone.
6. Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru – invitation to buffet reception on 2/8/14
7. Hywel Dda University Health Board – Maternity and Neonatal Services
8. CCC – Remittance Advice of £2333.34 in respect of precept receipt
9. Wales Audit Office – Redistribution of reserves – the clerk to complete the enclosed form in order for the council to be paid £30.
10. John Moran – Walking Well Gwendraeth Valley
11. Welsh National Marine Plan: A Draft Scope, Draft Vision and related Objectives
12. S Williams – St Cathen Church, Llangathen – the e-mail expressed concern regarding the poor state of Llangathen Church Cemetery. The clerk was asked to forward the details to the church warden, Roger Evans.
13. Welsh Government – Support for businesses in your community
Brochures / Circulars
1. Wicksteed playgrounds
3. Clerks and Councils Direct
Requests for Financial Assistance
1. Shelter Cymru
2. Urdd Gobaith Cymru
3. Carmarthenshire Federation of Young Farmers Clubs
14/41 ACCOUNS FOR PAYMENT
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques duly prepared:
BDO – External Audit of Accounts 210.00
To year end 31/3/14
M Rees - September salary 266.66
M Rees – Clerks expenses 81.97
14/42 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following applications were considered by the Council and their observations noted:
APPLICANT DEVELOPMENT LOCATION
Mr & Mrs Davies Renovation and extension of existing Crug Mawr, Dryslwyn,
dwelling to include the conversion of Carmarthen
E / 30759 two adjoining barns.
There were no objections
Mr Robert Harries Change of use from a disused cowshed Cilsane Mill, Llandeilo
E / 30727 into an annexe of the existing property
There were no objections
Beneficiaries of Free Range Chicken Shed Land north of Glanmyddyfi,
J T Davies Pentrefelin, Llandeilo
For more details see minutes of meeting 25th August 2014.
Additional correspondence on this matter had been received from Dr Rhys ap Delwyn Phillips,
Dr Nia Springthorpe and Mr Adam P Springthorpe.
The clerk was instructed to submit an objection to this application on the grounds of Health & Safety issues regarding access / exit to proposed site.
Further comments to be made regarding environmental issues, RSPCA requirements, vermin potential and economic issues.
14/43 PLANNING PERMISSION
Carmarthenshire County Council advised on the planning decisions on the following:
E / 30224, E / 30225 – Proposed one and a half storey replacement dwelling (to include the demolition of the existing house) at Pigeon House, Llangathen for Mr Dick Nowell – permission granted.
14/44 ANNUAL AUDIT
Notice of conclusion of audit had been received from BDO with no matters arising. The report was presented to council for inspection. It was proposed by Cllr. E. Morgan and seconded by Cllr. L. Hughes that the annual return be approved and accepted .
14/45 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The councils web site was discussed and it was noted that the minutes of meetings were being displayed monthly. It was mentioned that it would be of interest it local photographs could be added to the site. Cllr. G. Davies volunteered to enquire in the local shop for suitable material.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was resolved that the next meeting of Llangathen Community Council would be held on Tuesday, 18th November 2014 at the Reading Room, Court Henry at 7.30pm.