CYNGOR CYMDEITHAS LLANGATHEN / LLANGATHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of Llangathen Community Council held on Tuesday, 15th July 2014 at The Reading Room, Court Henry.
Present: Cllrs. C.Moses (chair), H. James, M. Wynne and L. Hughes.
In attendance was the clerk, Mrs M Rees.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. G. Davies, E. Morgan, M. Williams, S. Collins and County Councillor C. Campbell.
14/23 DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Cllr. M. Wynne and seconded by Cllr. H. James that the minutes of the meeting held on 20th May 2014 be accepted as a correct record of proceedings.
14/25 MATTERS ARISING
Min 14/14 (2) STABLE BLOCK IN FIELD NEAR RHYD YR AFON / GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
CCC Planning Department had advised that the caravan at the above location was currently being dealt with by an Enforcement Officer as was the remaining shelter. To review at the next meeting.
Min 14/14 (3) DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
The clerk had received a reply from the South Wales Trunk Road Agent in which Richard Jones advised that the matter had been passed onto the Welsh Government for their consideration.
A reply from the Welsh Government stated that the roads around Dryslwyn Square were the responsibility of Carmarthenshire County Council. It was suggested that the Community Council should get in touch with Mr Simon Charles to discuss concerns. The clerk was asked to forward copies of letters to Mr Charles.
Min 14/14 (4) BRIDGE OVER RIVER MYDDYFI, NEAR GLANMYDDYFI, PENTREFELIN
Regarding the Council’s request for advisory signage at the above location, no further information has been received since CCC advised that the Council’s Bridge Engineer would visit the site in order to carry out an inspection. The clerk was asked to follow up the matter by writing to CCC.
Min 14/14 (5) ROAD CONDITION NEAR GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
Members confirmed that no repair work had been carried out at the above section of road. The clerk was asked to write to CCC once again.
Min 14/14 (6) AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENTS, LAN FARM, BROAD OAK
Following the submission of three planning applications, CCC have confirmed that two have been refused and one has been granted. No details have been received from the CCC Habitat and Conservation Department. To review next month.
Min 14/14 (7) RIVER LASH, DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
Following the clerks letter, advising of the problems of a blocked culvert, to South Wales Trunk Road Agent, they had replied and stated that they were unable to trace the original correspondence that gave the full details of the problem. The clerk had e-mailed a reply to them. However, Mr Dean, of the SWTRA, had telephoned Cllr. Hughes in order to arrange a suitable time for work to commence. To review next meeting.
Min 14/14 (8) OVERHANGING BRANCH – HAFOD NEDDYN / CILWERN, BROAD OAK
Members advised that the overhanging branch has not been removed. CCC have confirmed that a survey by the County arborist has taken place and that a dangerous tree letter has been sent to the landowner on which the tree is sited. The clerk to follow up the matter with CCC.
Min 14/14 (9) ROAD CONDITION NEAR SUNNY BANK, LLANGATHEN
Mr John McEvoy of CCC has written to the clerk and a site meeting has been arranged for Friday, 25th July 2014. Cllrs. Mark Williams and Gary Davies have agreed to attend. To review next meeting.
Min 14/21 (2) COLLEGE CHAPEL, LLANGATHEN
CCC Planning Department had confirmed to the clerk that planning permission at this location had previously been refused and therefore an investigation by an Enforcement Officer was under way.
The problem regarding pedestrian access to the graveyard is not a planning issue and is something that should have been addressed prior to the sale of property.
Min 14/21 (3) POTHOLES IN ROAD NEAR LOCATIONS – DOLCOED, CWMHARAD, CAEAUNEWYDD, DRYSLWYN
Since reporting the road conditions near the above locations to CCC, no reply had been received. The clerk was asked to follow up the matter.
1. CCC – Annual inspection of Playground/Play equipment – Cost £80
2. NHS Hywel Dda University Health Board – Information sessions to maternity, neonatal (SCBU), paediatric and gynaecology services at Withybush and Glangwili Hospitals – 3/7/14 at Narberth, 9/7/14 at Carmarthen.
3. CCC – Consultation on Charging for Sport Facilities
4. CCC Carmarthenshire Local Development Plan – Schedule of Matters Arising Changes – Publication for Consultation – Representation to be submitted by 25/7/14.
Cllr. H. James took away the CD for scrutiny.
4a. CCC – Carmarthenshire Local Development Plan – Addendum to the Schedule of Matters Arising Changes (MACs)
5. One Voice Wales – Carmarthenshire Area Committee – AGM 9/7/14 at Pontyberem.
6. Cantref – AGM 17/7/14 at Cardigan
7. CCC – Parking Contravention Code 26 and Code 27 – The Council’s policies on the enforcement and cancellation of penalty charge notices may be viewed on the following Council web link : www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/English/transport/parking/Documents/Civil%20Parking%Enforcement.pdf
8. Carmarthenshire Citizens Advice – AGM 3/7/14 at Ivy Bush, Carmarthen
9. Dyfed Powys Police and Crime Commissioner – “Be the Judge”
The questionnaire was discussed by all members present and Cllr. H. James volunteered to complete the form and return.
10. Traws Link Cymru – West Wales Rail Campaign – re-opening of the railway line between Aberystwyth and Carmarthen. www.trawslinkcymru.org.uk
Members felt that they should support this campaign and therefore asked the clerk to forward a letter confirming their support.
11. CCC – Code of Conduct Training Consultation
12. British Red Cross – Gift Aid on Stock – Changes to Terms and Conditions
13. Welsh Government – Reforming Local Government White Paper – www.wales.gov.uk/consultations/local government/white-paper-reforming-local-government
14. The Planning Inspectorate, Bristol – EN20016 Brechfa Electrical Connection – Applicant’s formal request for a Scoping Opinion – Please note the deadline for consultation responses to the consultation is 11/8/14 – e-mail Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org , Web: www.planningportal.gov.uk/planninginspectorate
15. WLGA Review of Governance, Carmarthenshire County Council – Independent review. Any written submissions by 28/7/14
16. Ombudsman – Annual Report 2013/14
17. Welsh Government – Public Health White Paper – Listening to you : Your Health Matters – Events across Wales – 2/6/14 – Llandrindod Wells, 4/6/14 – Caernarfon, 11/6/14 – Cardiff.
18. AON – Acknowledgement Insurance Policy 11/AC/00004012/06
19. Thank you letter – “Pwyllgor Apel Llanfihangel Aberbythych a Llangathen for donation
20. Lloyds Bank – May Statement – £8296.74
June Statement – £8640.68
It was noted from the June statement that the VAT refund of £343.94 had been credited to the account.
Brochures / Circulars
1. Clerks & Councils Direct
2. Yr Ardd
3. Un Llais Cymru – The Voice
Requests for Financial Assistance
1. Traws Link Cymru
14/27 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques duly prepared:
M Rees – May salary 266.66
M Rees – Clerks expenses 86.40
M Rees – July salary 266.66
14/28 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following application was considered by the Council and their observations noted.
APPLICANT DEVELOPMENT LOCATION
Dick Nowell Proposed one and a half storey Pigeon House, Llangathen,
replacement dwelling (to include Carmarthen
demolition of existing house.
E / 30224
E / 30225
Members were concerned with the size of the replacement dwelling and requested that the clerk contacted CCC Planning Department requesting they carry out a site visit. Planning Department confirmed that a site visit would be made as a matter of course.
14/29 PLANNING PERMISSION
Carmarthenshire County Council advised on the planning decision on the following:
E / 29900 – Hard surfacing of Existing Farm Track (Retrospective) at Land at Caeaunewydd, Dryslwyn for Court Henri Farms Ltd – permission granted.
E / 30066 – Agricultural Building Erected in 2010 (Retrospective) at Lan Farm, Broad Oak, Carmarthen for H Jones – permission granted.
E / 30067 – Agricultural Building Constructed in 2009 to provide accommodation for Calf Rearing and Fodder Storage (Retrospective) at Lan Farm, Broad Oak, Carmarthen for H Jones – permission refused
E / 30068 – Retention of Pig Rearing Building (Retrospective) at Lan Farm, Broad Oak, Carmarthen for H Jones – permission refused.
14/30 – COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
Councillor Cefin Campbell had apologised for not being present but a prior engagement had prevented him form attending the meeting. He did however provide the clerk with information regarding the Welsh Local Government Association which have been commissioned by Carmarthenshire County Council to undertake an independent review of its governance arrangements. A report should be available in September.
14/31 ANNUAL AUDIT
The clerk had received notification from BDO – external auditors – regarding outstanding points which were required before completion of the audit. The clerk had forwarded the request to D Morris, internal auditor, for verification. The outcome was that figures – although correct – were inserted into the wrong section on the form. This was duly explained to Council and amended accordingly. The RFO and Chair duly signed the form prior to returning the external auditors.
14/32 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. Since the last meeting, it had been reported that the “Capel Isaac” signpost – near the Cwmcrwth junction, Broad Oak, had been knocked over following a car accident. The clerk had reported this to CCC and the signpost has since been repaired.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was resolved that the next meeting of Llangathen Community Council would be held on Tuesday 16th September 2014 at the Reading Room, Court Henry at 7.30pm.