CYNGOR CYMDEITHAS LLANGATHEN
LLANGATHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of Llangathen Community Council held on Tuesday, 21st January 2014 at The Reading Room, Court Henry.
Present: Cllrs. G. Davies (acting chair), H. James, M. Wynne, E. Morgan and S.Collins.
In attendance was the clerk, Mrs M Rees.
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. M. Williams, L. Hughes, C.Moses and County Councillor C. Campbell.
13/34 DECLARATION OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Cllr. G. Davies and seconded by Cllr. E. Morgan that the minutes of the meeting held on 19th November 2013 be accepted as a correct record of proceedings.
13/36 MATTERS ARISING
Min 13/27 (2) JUNCTION NEAR CROSS INN CHAPEL, DRYSLWYN
The clerk had received a reply from Stuart Quick of CCC. He stated that having discussed the matter with the Bio Diversity and Planning Departments, he had been informed that the hedge would have to be repositioned or transposed and not removed. In order to resubmit dedication details it is necessary to advise/confirm the landowners details. The completion of works would be subject to funding. The clerk to contact Cllr. L. Hughes regarding ownership details for forwarding to Mr Quick.
Min 13/27 (3) BUS SHELTER AT BROAD OAK
No further information to report. To review next month.
Min 13/27 (4) STABLE BLOCK IN FIELD NEAR RHYD YR AFON / GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
No information to report. The clerk to contact CCC Planning Department to check the current position on the matter.
Min 13/27 (5) DRYSLWYN SQUARE – A40
No further information to report. To review next month.
Min 13/27 (6) COMMUNITY WEBSITE
Cllr. G. Davies and the clerk had been making enquiries regarding the setting up of a website. Following an application, a cheque for the sum of £500 had been received from CCC for the website development. It was resolved to liaise with Justin Lewis of Burry Port in order to proceed with the development of website to enable the Community Council to publish information and be contactable through the internet. Also, a decision was made that members details held on the website would be restricted to names and addresses only.
Min 13/27 (8) BRIDGE OVER RIVER MYDDYFI, NEAR GLANMYDDYFI, PENTREFELIN
No further information was available following Mr Pilliner of CCC’, letter dated 18th October 2013. To review next month.
Min 13/27 (10) VILLAGE GREEN, BROAD OAK
Despite the clerk contacting local Tree Surgeon in order to carry out a survey of the trees at this site, no response had been made to date. The clerk was requested to contact Mr Martin to discuss the situation.
Min 13/27 (9) ROAD CONDITION NEAR GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
The clerk had not received a reply from Highways, CCC regarding the commencement but unfinished work at this location. It has now been observed that the inclement weather conditions of late were causing severe ponding and there are concerns regarding the water run off. The clerk to contact CCC once again.
Min 13/27 (10) AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENTS, LAN FARM, BROAD OAK.
Enforcement planning officer for CCC, Kevin Jones had contacted the clerk in connection with this matter. It has now transpired that there may be other buildings that had not been granted planning permission. The clerk was requested to contact Mr Jones and also R Carmichael, Habitat and Conservation officer. CCC.
Min 13/2 (11) RIVER LASH, DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
To be reviewed next month.
Min 13/32 (2) OVERHANGING BRANCH – HAFOD NEDDYN / CILWERN BROAD OAK
The clerk to contact CCC regarding the overhanging branch.
The following items of correspondence were discussed and noted:
1. Review of County Electoral Arrangements for the County of Carmarthenshire. The clerk to make a note and request Cllr. C. Campbell to clarify at the next meeting.
2. CCC – Town & Community Council Website Development Grant – payment received £500
3. CCC – Review of Polling districts and Polling Places in Carmarthen
4. Un Llais Cymru - Training Programme January – July 2014
Buckingham Palace Garden Parties – the application form to be given to Cllr. M. Williams.
- Minutes of Carmarthenshire Area Committee 16/10/13
- Notification of next Area Committee meeting – 22/1/14 – Llanelli
5. CCC – Precept Remittance Advice – £2400
6. Western Power Distribution – Invitation to stakeholder workshops with lunch – February 2014
7. Welsh Government – Revocation and Remaking of The Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2005 (S12005/368)
8. CCC – County Liaison Forum – 17/12/13
9. Lloyds Bank – October 2013 Statement – £8925.09
- December 2013 Statement – £11275.09
10. Carmarthenshire Environment Partnership – Seminar March 2014
11. Un Llais Cymru / CCC – Town and Community Council County Liaison Forum – 17/12/13, 20/5/14 and 20/9/14.
12. CCC – Consultation – Council Tax Reduction Scheme from April 2014
13. David Saunders – Swimming Pool Petition
14. Brechfa Forest and Llanllwni Mountain Cluster Group – meeting 5/12/13 – members e-mailed.
Brochures / Circulars
1. The Voice (Un Llais Cymru)
3. Clerks & Councils Direct
Requests for Financial Assistance
1. Llyfrau Llafar Cymru / Talking Books Wales
2. Marie Curie Nurses in Carmarthenshire
3. Clwb Fi a Fe, Llanarthne
13/38 PRECEPT REQUIREMENT 2014 / 2015
The precept requirement for 2014 / 2015 was requested by Carmarthenshire County Council. Details of “Footway Lighting” charges for the financial year had been received and also details of Section 137 Expenditure Limit for 2014/15 – this being £7.20 per elector. Copies of estimated expenditure had been prepared by the clerk for the coming financial year, and circulated amongst members for discussion.
It was resolved that the clerk should receive a salary increase of £200, taking her annual salary to £1600.
After discussing the financial situation, it was resolved that the precept requirement for 2014/15 be £7,000. This figure being £200 less than the previous financial year. The clerk and acting chair duly signed the form which will be forwarded to Resources Department, CCC.
13/39 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques duly prepared:
M Rees – Clerks Expenses 78.24
M Rees – Clerks Salary – (December/January) 266.66
13/40 PLANNING PERMISSION
The following applications were considered by the Council and their observations noted.
APPLICANT DEVELOPMENT LOCATION
Mr Saraj Guha Retain Lean to to shed, provide clean and Ffos yr Esgob, Capel Isaac,
E/ 29353 tidy storage of agricultural machines/parts Llandeilo
to provide cover in order to extend the use of
the caravan used for respite.
Mr & Mrs C Access road and gate adjoining U4003 road Ysgwyn Fach, Capel Isaac,
Mr John Bristow Certificate of Lawfulness for a garage, polytunnels Jeroma, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo
E/29274 Residential unit and garage/workshop
Members were concerned that an application made in 2010 -E/24078 – for change of use from stables to dwelling had been declined in 2011, appears to have been ignored. The clerk had been in discussion with Ceri Davies and Kevin Jones, CCC, planning department, and it appears that an enforcement order should have been issued but was not pursued. The clerk to write to Eifion Bowen, Head of Planning, CCC, expressing members concerns and disappointment that procedures were not followed.
Thomas Lloyd Re-instatement of missing detailing to stone Cwrt Henry Mansion,
columns of porch. Take down and rebuild chimneys Dryslwyn
to match original detailing including brick size,
13/41 PLANNING PERMISSION
Carmarthenshire County Council advised on the planning decision on the following:
To retain two static caravans on the grounds of the property that have been there over 10 years at Ysgwyn Fach, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo for Mr and Mrs C Phillips – permission granted.
To retain alterations to an existing field access (including widening the vehicular access and formation of hard standing and access track) at land near Hafod Farm, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo for Mr Mir Hadin – permission granted.
To retain access road and gate adjoining U4003 road at Ysgwyn Fach, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo for Mr and Mrs C Phillips – permission granted.
13/42 COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT
County Councillor C Campbell had offered his apologies for being absent and will provide a report at the next meeting.
13/43 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. Concern had been expressed regarding the poor service received from BT following the recent stormy weather. Lines had come down during the storms and no repairs had been made in two weeks and a further delay of another week was being quoted by the BT staff. This meant that householders – especially in the Broad Oak area – were without a telephone/broadband service. Cllr. G. Davies volunteered to look into the matter and report at the next meeting.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was resolved that the next meeting of Llangathen Community Council would be held on Tuesday 18th March 2014 at the Reading Room, Court Henry at 7.30pm.