Notice of appointment of the date for the exercise of electors’ rights
Llangathen Community Council
Financial year ending 31 March 2023
1. Date of announcement 25th July 2023
2. Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
M Rees, Crachty Isaf, Capel Isaac, Llandeilo. SA19 7UH
Tel: 01558668349 firstname.lastname@example.org
between the hours of 3pm and 4pm on Monday to Friday
commencing on 28 July 2023
and ending on 25 August 2023
3. From 11 September 2023, until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
· the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts.
· the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor General. A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
The Auditor General can be contacted via: Community Council Audits, Audit Wales, 1 Capital Quarter, Tyndall Street, Cardiff CF10 4BZ or by email at
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.