CYNGOR CYMDEITHAS LLANGATHEN / LLANGATHEN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
Minutes of the meeting of Llangathen Community Council held on Tuesday, 21st July 2015 at The Reading Room, Court Henry.
Present: Cllrs. H. James (chair), E.Morgan, M. Wynne and M. Williams.
In attendance was Mrs M.Rees (clerk).
Apologies for absence were received from Cllrs. G. Davies, L. Hughes, C. Moses, S. Collins and County Cllr. C. Campbell.
15/02 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
There were no declarations of interest.
It was proposed by Cllr. M. Wynne and seconded by Cllr. E. Morgan that the minutes of the meeting held on Tuesday, 19th May 2015 be accepted as a correct record of proceedings.
15/04 MATTERS ARISING
Min 14/79 (1) STABLE BLOCK IN FIELD NEAR RHYD YR AFON / GLANDDU, BROAD OAK
Confirmation from CCC had been received regarding planning application E /31647 – Land at Cae Derwen, Broad Oak – siting of a timber field shelter – Full Refusal.
Min 14/79 (2) A40 DRYSLWYN SQUARE, DRYSLWYN
It was with dismay that Councillors reported and discussed the two recent accidents at this location.
Both accidents were of a serious nature, with one car crashing through the garden railings and very nearly through the property wall of Caeaunewydd, Dryslwyn. The garden railings piercing through the vehicle.
Members, along with the public are very concerned that future accidents could result in loss of life.
Feelings are that major remedial action must take place in order to curb speed and better safety measures in order to protect motorists.
The clerk was requested to write to:
- Edwina Hart , Welsh Government, South Wales Road Trunk Agent,
- Dyfed Powys Police, T. Sage, Head of Transport, CCC
- Jonathon Edwards MP Rhodri Glyn Thomas AM County Cllr. C. Campbell
A request to be made for agencies to come together at a site meeting in order to make clear the improvements required to alleviate the danger to motorist at this location.
Min 14/79 (3) AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENTS, LAN FARM, BROAD OAK
The clerk had received notification from Rosie Carmichael of CCC confirming that following a visit to the above location it had been noted that some re-planting of trees had taken place. The remainder would take place during the winter months. The clerk was requested to acknowledge Rosie Carmichaels correspondence and to request that she informs the council when the re-planting has been completed.
The following items of correspondence were presented to council and duly discussed/noted:
1. Society of Local Council Clerks – Would you like to better serve your community?
2. AON Insurance – Acknowledgement of policy re-newel and Certificate of Employers Liability Insurance.
3. Un Llais Cymru – Minutes of meeting 28/4/15
Agenda for meeting 30/6/15
4. CCC – Application form to apply to the Standards Committee for dispensation.
5. CCC – Application for safe routes in communities grant.
6. CCC – Consultation on Promoting Independence for Older People in Carmarthenshire. Leaflets were distributed to members and details of how to access on line were issued.
7. Planning Aid Wales – Workshop 17/8/15
8. Western Power Distribution – Brechfa Forest Connection Project
9. Citizens Advice – Pension Wise
10. HM Revenue & Customs – BACS Remittance Advice – VAT repayment £301.72
11. CCC – Adran Addysg a Plant – Governing Body representative. It was unanimously agreed to re-appoint Mrs Lynda Evans. The clerk to advise Department of Education.
12. Lloyds Bank – Statement May 20152 – £7663.97
13. CCC – Town & Community Council Liaison Forum – Notes from meeting 26/5/15, Agenda for meeting 1/9/15
Brochures / Circulars
1. Proludic – Play and Sports Areas
2. Realise Futures Eco Furniture
3. Yr Ardd
4. Broxap Street Furniture
6. Clerks & Councils Direct
Requests for Financial Assistance
1. Urdd Gobaith Cymru
2. Home Start Dinefwr
Business Wales [WelshGovernment@public.govdelivery.com]
* Welcome to the Innovation Zone
* Welcome to the Marketing Zone
* Special Edition Newsletter from Business Wales
* Advice, Information, Funding and Financial Support for your Business
Tracy Gilmartin-Ward [email@example.com]
* Registration of Member Interests / Cofrestru Buddiannau Aelodau
* Protecting Community Assets – Consultation / Ymgynghori – Amddiffyn Asedau Cymunedol
* Integrated catchment management training
* Continued Independence of Older People Share Learnig Seminar / Seminar Dysgu ar y Cyd – Annibyniaeth Barhaus Pobl Hyn
* IMPORTANT – Clarification on Register of Interests / PWYSIG – Eglurhad ar Gofrestri Buddiannau
*One Voice Wales Larger Councils Conference 8th July 2015 / Gynhadledd Cynghorau Mwy Un Llais Cymru 8fed Gorffennaf 2015
* Asset transfer: everything you need to know / Trosglwyddo asedau: popeth mae angen i chi ei wybod
* One Voice Wales Larger Councils Conference 8th July 2015 / Gynhadledd Cynghorau Mwy Un Llais Cymru 8fed Gorffennaf 2015
* (Survey )Your Council and the use of IT and the Internet 2015 – Eich Cyngor a’r defnydd o TG a’r Rhyngrwyd 2015 (Arolwg)
* Get help for your community through Resource Efficient Wales / Mynnwch help i’ch cymuned trwy Gymru Effeithlon
* Wales Audit News – June 2015 / Newyddion Archwilio Cymru – Mehefin 2015
* Support your High Street Campaign 19-26th September
* Shale Gas and Hydraulic Fracturing in Wales – A briefing note for One Voice Wales – June 2015
* Wales Efficiency Strategy Consultation / Ymgynghoriad ar Strategaeth Effeithlonrwydd Cymru
* How service user experience can improve strategic direction and services / Sut all profiad defnyddwyr gwasanaeth wella cyfeiriad strategol a gwasanaethau
* Casglu a Rheoli Trethi Datganoledig /Collection and Management of Devolved Taxes
* CALL FOR HONOURS NOMINATIONS (BIRTHDAY 2016) / CAIS AM ENWEBIADAU AR GYFER ANRHYDEDDAU (PEN BLWYDD 2016)
* Important Diary Marker – One Voice Wales Conference Saturday 3rd October 2015 / Nodyn Pwysig i’r Dyddiadur – Cynhadledd Un Llais Cymru Dydd Sadwrn 3ydd Hydref 2015
* SURVEY: How does climate change affect your organisation? Sut mae’r newid yn yr hinsawdd yn effeithio ar eich mudiad chi?
* Dangosfwrdd TB mewn gwartheg – Sioe Frenhinol Cymru / Bovine TB Dashboard – Royal Welsh Show
* Bil Casglu a Rheoli Trethi (Cymru) / Tax Collection and Management (Wales) Bill
To all Community Councils in Wales – Public Health (Wales) Bill – Provision of toilets available for use by the public / At Gynghorau Cymuned yng Nghymru – Bil Iechyd y Cyhoedd (Cymru) – Darparu toiledau sydd ar gael i’r cynhoedd eu defnyddio Provision of Toilets ProvisionofToilets@Wales.GSI.Gov.UK
Wendi Huggett firstname.lastname@example.org
* July Trainings – Hyfforddiant Gorffennaf
* National Training Advisory Group – The Wales Training Strategy / Grwp Ymgynghorol Cenedlaethol ar Hyfforddiant – Strategaeth Hyfforddiant I Gymru
* Information on VAT courses
* “DON’T MISS OUT – FINAL TRAINING MODULES FOR THIS PERIOD” – “PEIDIWCH A CHOLLI ALLAN – MODIWLAU HYFFORDDIANT OLAF Y TYMOR YMA”
* WELSH MEDIUM TRAINING – Don’t miss out on INFORMATION MANAGEMENT Training at ST PETERS CIVIC HALL, CARMARTHEN. SA31 1PG on WEDNESDAY 15TH JULY – Peidiwch â cholli allan ar cwrs hyfforddiant RHEOLI GWYBODAETH yn NEUADD DDINESIG SAN PEDR, CAERFYRDDIN. SA…
* Briefing from NALC – Nodyn cefndir gan NALC
* Support Your High Street – Cefnogwch Eich Stryd Fawr
* How does climate change affect you? Sut mae’r newid yn yr hinsawdd yn effeithio ar eich mudiad chi?
Rhian L Davies RhLDavies@carmarthenshire.gov.uk Cymorth Cynllunio Cymru – Gweithdy Hyfforddiant ar Gynllunio / Planning Aid Wales – Planning Training Workshop – 17:08:2015
Bethan.Boyd@Wales.GSI.Gov.UK Rheoliadau Caeau Chwarae (Ymgysylltiad Cymunedau â Phenderfyniadau Gwaredu (Cymru) 2015 / The Playing Fields (Community Involvement in Disposal Decisions) (Wales) Regulations 2015 Boyd, Bethan (LGC – PSR)
15/06 ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT
The following accounts were approved for payment and cheques duly prepared:
M. Rees – January Salary 266.66
M Rees – Clerks Expenses 80.02
15/07 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
The following applications were considered by the Council and their observations noted:
APPLICANT DEVELOPMENT LOCATION
Christopher Purchase New Stable, Livestock Shed, Equipment Rhyd Yr Afon
Storage, Tack Room, Feed Storage, Broad Oak
Hygiene Facility. Carmarthen
Aberglasney Restoration Change of use only, returning building The Coach House
Trust back to residential use for key worker Llangathen
from an office Carmarthen
15/08 ANY OTHER BUSINESS
The clerk had received a telephone message from Mrs James, Dryslwyn, regarding the condition of the picnic site, Dryslwyn Castle. There appeared to have been a fire whereby a tent had been burnt and there were glass jars and rubbish strewn over the site. The seat of the bench had been ripped off exposing rusty nails. The clerk had reported the incident to CCC via e-mail and a reply had been received stating that the matter would be seen to. Cllr. M. Williams volunteered to check the site to see if the issues had been dealt with.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
It was resolved that the next meeting of Llangathen Community Council would be held on Tuesday, 15th September 2015 at the Reading Room, Court Henry at 7.30pm.